6 Conditions Chiropractors Treat: Newport Beach Chiropractor
Most people think of visiting a chiropractor when their back or neck hurts. But chiropractic can help alleviate all sorts of additional maladies, as research studies reveal.
Misalignments of the spine – vertebrae that have shifted out of position – are the focus of chiropractic. Spinal misalignments can pinch or press on the nerves flowing through the spine and sending messages from the brain throughout the body. The result is nerve interference, which prevents vital nerve energy from reading the limbs and organs, which then leads to dysfunction. Chiropractic adjustments offer a natural method of healing that stimulates the body’s communication system to work more effectively.
- ItA number of studies indicate that chiropractic can provide relief for fibromyalgia patients. Ones study involved 15 members of a regional fibromyalgia association. After 30 chiropractic treatments, they showed a reduction in pain, sleep disturbance and fatigue. The results were published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics in 2000.
- The Chiropractic Research Center of Macquarie University published a study conducted on migraine patients in the Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapeutics in 2000. In that six-month study, 123 volunteers between the ages of 10 and 70 were divided into two groups. Forty people comprised a control group; eighty-three participants received two months of spinal manipulative therapy. Twenty-two percent of the participants reported more than a 90 percent reduction in migraines. An additional 50 percent reported significant improvement in the morbidity of each episode. Overall, the treatment group showed statistically significant improvement in migraine frequency, duration, disability, and use of medication compared to the control group.
- ADD/ADHD. There’s evidence to show that chiropractic may be beneficial for children with this neuro-behavioral disorder based on a retrospective study by Joel Alcantara and James Davis of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. Their study focused on four children ages 9 to 13 who received chiropractic care for a minimum of five months after diagnosis. The authors reported improvement in ADHD symptoms including hyperactivity, impulsivity and inattentiveness, as well as behavioral, social or emotional difficulties.
- Jack Neil of the Anglo-European College of Chiropractic confirmed that spinal adjustments are associated with an anti-inflammatory response, based on a review existing literature up to January 2012. Research suggests that spinal manipulation may reduce pro-inflammatory cytokines and increase antibodies involved in the immune response. Manipulation also may increase the production of leukocytes, which support white blood cells in fighting off threats.
- Consider this pre-experimental study conducted on 10 patients in 2009 and presented at the World Federation of Chiropractic’s 10 Biennial Congress. A gastroenterolist sent 10 GERD patients to a chiropractor. Through endoscopic exams, researchers verified an improvement of “58 percent of esophagitis degree caused by GERD.”
- Ear Infections. A study conducted by Joan Fallon, a New York chiropractor, involved 332 children ages 27 days to 5 years. In the Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics in 1997, she reported that 80 percent of the children treated did not experience another ear infection for at least six months following their initial visits.
Dr. Nona Djavid at Wellness Choice Center in Newport Beach is among only a handful of chiropractors in Orange County certified in the most advanced and results-oriented chiropractic protocol – Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP). Chiropractors trained in CBP take chiropractic adjustment a step further by combining adjustments, exercises, and spinal remodeling programs to realign the spine back to health.
At Wellness Choice, which serves clients in Irvine, Newport Beach and Costa Mesa, Dr. Djavid has helped thousands of Orange County, California, residents live healthier lives.
Call Wellness Choice Center at 949-387-1333 for a free consultation and exam to see if you qualify for care.